Want that next step in your career…… Come live in the beautiful Bay of Islands.
We now need assistance with our growing business in the form of an Senior Guide/Team Leader to help us make sure the organisation is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and clients.
We are looking for a proven history guiding within the tourism industry, experience training and managing staff, competent with technology, mechanically minded, capable of the daily running of the business in the owners absence.
We are looking for someone who is reliable, honest, practical, motivated and has a can-do attitude and willingness to help us grow our business. We want to continue to improve products and grow as a company and we are looking for someone who is flexible, willing to help, bring ideas to the table.
Roles and Tasks
· Being able to take outstanding guided tours
· Ensure that you offer a high level of customer service
· Ensuring that safety is the number one concern
· Be involved in all aspects of operations including heavy lifting and cleaning
· Pick-up/drop-off customers and kayaks in company vehicles
· Daily running of the business in owners absence
· Staff management, training and meetings
· Daily reconciliations and banking
· Managing online and phone bookings
· Maintenance of kayaks and gear
· Current Workplace/Level 2 First Aid Certificate
· Full New Zealand full driver’s license, held for minimum of two years
· Heavy Traffic Class 2
· Passenger Endorsement
Essential Skills and Attributes
· Guiding experience
· Customer service experience
· Confident swimmer
· Mechanically minded
· Can confidently drive a manual and back a trailer
· Good with technology
· Confident public speaker
· Organisation and time management
· Strong communication skills
· Leadership skills with proven staff management
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude
· Cultural affinity
· Remains calm under pressure
· Effective decision making
· Relates to people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds
· Honest and reliable
· Warmth and empathy
· Thrives on a challenge
· Strong attention to detail
We are offering a great salary and time off with the potential to progress.
About Coastal Kayakers
We offer fun-filled kayak tours and safe rental options.