Fox Glacier Guiding is seeking an experienced glacier guide to join our team this spring.
This is an opportunity to guide in a stunning location where glaciers, rainforest and the ocean meet, at the foot of New Zealand’s highest mountains. You can enjoy climbing, tramping, hunting, fishing, and kayaking right outside your back door.
· a pay rate that recognises qualifications & experience;
· a flexible work environment;
· opportunities for further development and training;
· competitive deals on outdoor equipment;
· a supportive team atmosphere.
You will have:
· proven team leadership ability;
· at least two seasons guiding on hard ice;
· NZMGA Hard Ice Guide qual (or overseas equivalent);
· proven fitness and step-cutting skill;
· ability to engage visitors and deliver quality interpretation;
· spotless safety record;
· current First Aid qualification – PHEC (or overseas
· eligibility to work in New Zealand;
· ability to speak and understand Mandarin and English languages fluently;
· you will also have a full class 2 driver’s licence with a passenger endorsement
Job offer is conditional on passing a drug and alcohol test.
Applications close 3pm Wednesday 16th August 2017.
For an application form contact Kurt Johnstone directly:
Fox Glacier Guiding
PO Box 38
Fox Glacier 7859
03 751 0825 (ext 5)