We are looking for an experienced Sea Kayak Guide to support our Operations Manager with supervising our guiding team in Abel Tasman National Park.
This is a full-time, year-round position for immediate start.
* Not less than five seasons experience as a Sea Kayak Guide, with at least two years in the Abel Tasman National Park
* NZOIA Sea Kayak Guide or NZOIA Sea Kayak Instructor Level 1 qualification or international equivalent
* Restricted driver’s licence as a minimum
* Valid First Aid Certificate
* NZ residency or valid NZ Work Visa
* An exceptional knowledge of New Zealand’s Flora, Fauna and History
* Previous management experience will be an advantage
During the low season, tasks will include: guiding, safety management system audits, annual kayak fleet equipment maintenance and procurement, and relief roles within other company departments.
Once the successful applicant has gained experience in day-to-day procedures, the position will involve the role of Daily Operations Supervisor, overseeing daily field operations.
Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Ltd is a family-owned business, pioneering tourism services in the Abel Tasman National Park since 1977. We operate two Vista Cruise catamarans with walking and sea kayaking day trip options. Overnight trips from 2 to 5 days stay at our Beachfront Lodges: Torrent Bay Lodge and Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa.
Three day trips stay one night at each Lodge. Five day trips have two nights at each Lodge. Cooks provide meals for both guests and staff. There is full boat back-up for Lodge supplies and luggage transfers. Guests can join any scheduled boat service to reduce kayaking or walking.
Our half and full day kayak and walk trips depart from Kaiteriteri. As well as brochured products, we also offer privately guided trips tailored to meet our guest’s needs.
Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Ltd is committed to providing a safe and healthy work place for its employees and guests. In the interests of health and safety successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.