ASSISTANT: SALES / MARKETING / ADMIN
$18.50 to $20.00
Seeking a special person to take on the role of Assistant: Sales / Marketing / Admin in our booking office / shop located in Stewart Island, for immediate start to May 2018.
Our booking office / shop is located in the centre of Oban Village, Stewart Island, with recent renovation work allowing for a light and spacious working environment.
Ruggedy Range™ Wilderness Experience is a small, independent, professional, owner / operated business, established in 2000. Our key focus is guided nature walks, birdwatching, wildlife cruises, water taxi charters and the hire and sale of outdoor gear.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate, with a genuine interest in the outdoors, to experience a beautiful, semi-remote location and develop new skills.
Our ideal candidate is / has:
- Mature, responsible
- Good organisational skills, ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Friendly and outgoing
- Positive can-do attitude
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willing to be flexible
- Fits easily into a small, professional working environment
- A good standard of personal presentation
- Happy to work in a semi-remote location.
The successful person will work on their own in the booking office / shop and also directly with the owner / operator.
To be considered for this position you must be able to attend a face to face interview in Stewart Island.
- Greeting visitors
- Selling tours and services
- Taking bookings (walk-in, over the phone and by email)
- Helping clients prepare for their trips
- Selling retail items in our outdoor shop
- Dealing with gear hire requests
- Contributing to our marketing strategy
- Helping to maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Maintaining accurate and timely paperwork.
- Carrying out any other reasonable tasks as required including distributing brochures.
Employment Period and Hours of Work
- Immediate start to April / Mid-May 2018
- From 40 hours a week over 5 days (sometimes over 5.5 days)
- Roster set weekly based on bookings, your flexibility is appreciated.
Apply only if:
- You meet our criteria
- You are in New Zealand and hold or will hold a valid NZ work visa
- You hold a clean driver’s licence (if possible with a p-endorsement)
- You have excellent spoken and written English
- You have previous sales and / or customer service and / or tourism background
- You have no commitments that require extended leave during the period of employment.
We will help find accommodation. Staff pay for their own accommodation costs.
Vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Contact us for a job description and application form.