We require an Assistant Sales / Marketing / Admin superstar for our booking office located in beautiful Stewart Island.
We are a small, independent company, offering guided walks, birdwatching, cruises, water taxi and outdoor gear for hire / sale, plus a range of other services for visitors to our Island.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a small working environment. You must be friendly and outgoing, self-motivated, enthusiastic, mature with sales and customer service experience. A genuine interest / knowledge of the outdoors is a big advantage. You will also need excellent organisation skills, good initiative, be a quick learner, with the ability to multi-task and be accurate with attention for detail.
You will often work on your own in the booking office / shop when the owner is guiding.
- Greeting visitors
- Selling tours and services
- Taking bookings (walk-in, over the phone and by email)
- Helping clients prepare for trips
- Selling our retail items in our outdoor shop
- Dealing with gear hire requests
- Contributing to our marketing strategy
- Helping to maintain a clean and tidy work environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to come and spend some time working and living in this unique and special place for a very eclectic business.
As we are a small, we expect staff members to contribute towards our goals and ongoing successes, and as a result you will be directly involved in many aspects of the day to day operations, providing you with valuable hands on experience.
Employment Period and Hours of Work
From immediate start to April / Mid-May 2018
From 40 hours a week over 5 to 5.5 days
Roster set weekly based on bookings, your flexibility is appreciated.
Apply only if:
- You are in New Zealand and hold a valid NZ work visa
- You have excellent spoken and written English.
- You have no commitments that require extended leave during the period October / November 2017 to April 2018.
- You are able to attend a face to face interview in Stewart Island.
Vacancy will close as soon as we have found a suitable candidate.
For a job description and application form – contact Furhana.