We are seeking genuine expressions of interest for the role of Assistant: Sales / Marketing / Admin person in our small tourist booking office / shop located in Stewart Island, for immediate start to May 2019. The role could become permanent and / or evolve for the right candidate.
Stewart Island is a semi-remote location with a daily flight and ferry service and a number of amenities / facilities. There are about 400 permanent residents and over 35,000 visitors a year.
This is a fabulous opportunity for the right candidate, with a genuine interest in the outdoors, to experience a beautiful location, develop new skills and meet some interesting customers from around the world. We require a special person who cares about our small business, is hardworking, and a team player.
The successful person will work with another staff member in the booking office / shop.
Our ideal candidate is / has:
- Mature, responsible, honest and trustworthy, flexible
- Friendly and outgoing with a positive can-do attitude
- Customer orientated
- A good fit for a small, professional working environment
- Good organisational skills, ability to multi-task, accurate with attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Previous sales and / or customer service and / or tourism background
- Able to demonstrate an interest in the outdoors
- Good personal presentation
- Selling tours, services, retailing goods
- Greeting visitors and providing clients with information about their tours.
- Liaising with our skipper / guides / other staff members
- Helping to maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Helping clean vehicles / assets
- Maintaining accurate and timely paperwork
- Assisting with marketing duties
- Assisting with administration tasks
- Any other reasonable tasks
Employment Period and Hours of Work
- Immediate start to April / Mid-May 2019
- From 40 hours a week over 5 days (sometimes over 5.5 days)
Apply only if you:
- Meet our criteria
- Willing and able to attend a formal face to face interview in Stewart Island.
- Are in New Zealand and hold or will hold a valid NZ work visa
- Hold a clean driver’s licence (if possible an NZ driver’s licence with a p-endorsement)
- Have no commitments that require extended leave during the period October to April / May.
If you require further information or wish to apply, contact us. Due to limited resources we are only able to respond to suitable candidates. Vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found.