GENERAL SUPPORT STAFF AND GUIDE’S ASSISTANT
I am looking for someone who is friendly, outgoing and reliable and willing to take on a varied job working for a small tourism business for immediate start to early May 2018. You must be willing to be flexible with a can-do attitude and able to demonstrate real initiative.
The successful candidate will have a professional outlook with high standard of personal presentation, honest and trustworthy
To be considered for this position you must be able to attend a face to face interview in Stewart Island.
You need to be comfortable:
- Working for a small business and able to follow instructions when there is limited time.
- Living and working in a semi-remote environment.
- Having work patterns that are fluid and not rigid. Work will fluctuate from week to week either part-time or full week.
This will suit you if:
- You are hard working, mature and thrive in a professional environment, learning new skills.
- You understand and are able to fit in with the needs of a small business.
- You enjoy the outdoors and would thrive on opportunities to be on overnight trips, one or up to three times a month.
- You find the location presents plenty of opportunities to fill in your personal leisure time.
SUPPORT STAFF WORK includes:
– Giving out brochures, informing visitors of our tours and services and showing / encouraging visitors to our booking office / shop
– Cleaning vehicles / office area / hire gear
– Possible preparation work and painting (subject to weather / timeframes)
– Running errands as required
– Other reasonable work (subject to skills and abilities and the business’s requirements), including helping cover the booking office / hiring out equipment etc…
SUPPORT GUIDE WORK includes:
- Helping the Guide prepare for overnight trips
- Helping carry gear to and from boat and transfer gear to and from huts
- Helping prepare and serve meals and snacks
- Entertaining clients
- Cleaning / packing
- Potentially assisting clients on their walk (including carrying packs if required)
– 5 days a week from 10.30 am to 2.30 pm and possibly 6.00 pm to 6.45 pm
- Willing to work on public holidays as required.
- Supporting Guide on overnight trips would involve full day anytime from 6.30 am to 10.30 pm or later if required.
Skills / Abilities / Personal Traits Required:
– Fluent written / spoken English
– Good sales persons
- Clean driver’s licence (NZ p-endorsement would be ideal)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Good organisational skills
- Able to cook
- Fit and healthy
This is a new role and we are testing new ground! We will help find accommodation for the suitable candidate. Accommodation costs are paid by the Staff member.
Suitable applicants only please. Due to our limited resources I am unable to reply to applicants I consider to be unsuitable for the position.