Walking Legends Guided Walks is a small company that has been showing off the North Island’s best hiking tracks for over 15 years. We take pride in our professional, yet friendly and relaxed, Kiwi style of service.
Each of our 4-day hiking tours have been carefully planned to maximise outdoor exploration and enjoyment of the areas such as Tongariro, Waikaremoana, Coromandel and Great Barrier Island, and we need driver/guides to look after our groups of walkers and show them around these spectacular landscapes.
Although you would be part of a small team, you would often be working independently in remote places. With 4 day/3 night trips you are away from home a lot.
As well as guiding on the track, the job also involves a lot of driving, cleaning, cooking, socialising and card-playing, and shopping and packing etc. The days are long, and physically and mentally demanding, but our overall goal is for our clients and guides to have fun!
Full and part-time jobs start in late October and finish in April.
Essential skills and qualities include:
- Ability to work independently in remote locations.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to co-ordinate and address groups of up to 15 people.
- New Zealand full driver’s license with passenger endorsement.
- Ability to drive minivans and small bus safely on gravel roads.
- First Aid qualification.
- Good physical fitness.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good knowledge of NZ natural and cultural history and a passion to learn more.
- A love of nature, and genuine enthusiasm for sharing your knowledge.
- Be practical and a have systematic approach to getting the many tasks completed.
- Be based in or near Rotorua.
- Must must must have a great sense of humour and be keen to enjoy the company of our humble visiting trampers.
Look at our website for full details about the style of trips we run, then please send a cover letter, CV and photos of your smiling self to us!
Rob & Hilary