We are looking for a reliable, enthusiastic, motivated individual with great management and people skills for our Operations Manager Position in our Bay of Plenty Park.
The Operations Manager position is a Full-time position which is located in the TECT – All Terrain Park, Bay of Plenty
We are looking to fill this position with the right person as soon as possible, which may be before the listed closing date of applications on this advert.
The responsibility and work required for this position includes but is not limited to:
– The day to day management and safety of the park
– Marketing and Networking (mostly off site from time to time) networking with local organisations (I-sites, tours operators, agents, tourism organisations)
– Keeping good relationships with local partners and organisations (city councils, chamber of commerce’s, etc.)
– Staff management, training and rostering
– Supervising clients on the course
– Course maintenance, gear monitoring and inspections
– Client retrievals and rescues via rope access
– Cash handling, basic record keeping and processing
– Answering the phones and responding to emails
– Managing bookings
– Staff hiring and training
– Daily management of office and supplies
– Reporting to the Managing Director or National Operations and Safety Manager as required
Applicants should have:
– A friendly, outgoing personality and love working with people
– A high standard of customer service
– Rock climbing/caving experience (Good climbing, rope technique and knowledge)
– Great communication skills
– Fluent written and spoken English
– Good general computer skills
– High level of personal presentation and hygiene
– Honest, trustworthy and reliable
– Punctual with good time-keeping
– Able to maintain clear, accurate and up to date records
– Able to operate to set targets, standards, follow procedures and guidelines (Risk Management Plan and AdventureMark Audit Standards)
– You must be available to attend an in-person interview
– Reliable transport
– Flexible – tourism has low to high demands which will affect how and when duties are required. The successful applicant must be adaptable and flexible with regards to working hours and how, what and when work is carried out and what days are taken off.
Qualifications/Experience required for this position:
– Current First Aid Certificate
– Experience in the Outdoors and Risk Management
– You must be entitled to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Please Note: If you do not have these qualifications on commencement of your employment you are required to obtain them at the soonest possible time at your own expense. Thereafter the cost of maintaining the currency of these will be covered by Adrenalin forest Ltd.
Days of Work:
5 days a week Wednesday to Sunday initially for our winter period then can be discussed.
Advised on application
Please email your application along with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Adrenalin Forest
Adrenalin Forest is a high wire adventure operator with 3 locations throughout New Zealand in Christchurch, Wellington and the Bay of Plenty. Our courses feature over 100 fun filled challenges across six levels. Each level is harder than the last, with obstacles starting at 1.5 metres above the ground that are suitable for a wide range of ages and fitness levels. To conquer all the courses you’ll be climbing, jumping and swinging at least 20 metres up in the air.