Job Description: Senior Safety Leader
The Senior Safety Leader position is a Full-time position in our Bay of Plenty Park which is located in the TECT – All Terrain Park, between Tauranga and Rotorua.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with great people skills to join our Adrenalin Forest Bay of Plenty Operation.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible with the right applicant.
The responsibility and work required for this position includes but is not limited to:
– Park Senior Safety Leader when Manager is offsite
– Staff safety and rescue training
– Supervising clients on the course
– Assisting in course maintenance, gear monitoring and inspections
– Client retrievals and rescues via rope access
– Cash handling, basic record keeping and processing
– Answering the phones and taking bookings
– Reporting to the Operations Manager, National Operations Manager or Managing Director as required
Applicants should have:
– A friendly, outgoing personality and love working with people
– A high standard of customer service
– Rock climbing/caving experience (Good climbing, rope technique and knowledge)
– Great communication skills
– Fluent written and spoken English
– Good general computer skills
– High level of personal presentation and hygiene
– Honest, trustworthy and reliable
– Punctual with good time-keeping
– Able to maintain clear, accurate and up to date records
– Able to operate to set targets, standards, follow procedures and guidelines (Risk Management Plan and AdventureMark Audit Standards)
– You must be available to attend an in-person interview
– Reliable transport
– Flexible – tourism has low to high demands which will affect how and when duties are required. The successful applicant must be adaptable and flexible with regards to working hours and how, what and when work is carried out and what days are taken off.
Qualifications/Experience required for this position:
– Current First Aid Certificate
– Experience in the Outdoors and Risk Management
– You must be entitled to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Please Note: If you do not have these qualifications on commencement of your employment you are required to obtain them at the soonest possible time at your own expense. Thereafter the cost of maintaining the currency of these will be covered by Adrenalin forest Ltd.
Days/Hours of Work: 5 days a week Wednesday to Sunday initially for our winter period then can be discussed.
Remuneration: Advised on application
Please email your application along with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
About Adrenalin Forest
Adrenalin Forest is a high wire adventure operator with 3 locations throughout New Zealand in Christchurch, Wellington and the Bay of Plenty. Our courses feature over 100 fun filled challenges across six levels. Each level is harder than the last, with obstacles starting at 1.5 metres above the ground that are suitable for a wide range of ages and fitness levels. To conquer all the courses you’ll be climbing, jumping and swinging at least 20 metres up in the air.