Adrift Tongariro Outdoor Guiding has been guiding the Tongariro National Park and Whanganui regions for 20 years. We cater for local and international customers, family groups and school groups. We have vast experience working with people of all ages and abilities to ensure their adventure is safe, fun and memorable. The calibre of our tour guides is second to none. We are seeking guides to commence for the up coming summer season that will continue to deliver the very best customer care and experience.
Adrift operates all year round therefore this position is not necessarily seasonal. Our goal is for the successful candidate/s to extend their role by developing and gaining skills in a variety of activities and aspects within our company. We ideally would like long-term career orientated guides.
The ideal candidate/s will have:
• Relevant guiding experience and/or qualifications and a willingness to advance your training
• Fantastic friendly customer care and professional conduct
• Subtle collaborative leadership qualities
• Solid skills in the outdoors and the ability to think under pressure
• A love of showcasing New Zealand (especially in adverse weather)
• Be able to cook delicious group meals
• Have a clean drivers licence and be in a position to obtain a Passenger Endorsement immediately if you do not hold one already
• Current first aid certificate/s
• Pass a pre-employment drug test and police check
• Have an extremely flexible attitude to work hours/days. Working hours will vary from 20-50 per week.
• Be available to work during our busy periods e.g. Christmas/New Year and public holidays
• Be available to guide trips that last from 2.5-hours to 3-days
• Be keen to also do a spot of canoe guiding on the Whanganui River and some mountain bike guiding
• Not shy away from doing your share of cleaning and maintenance of equipment, the base and vehicles
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.