Be Part of something unique.
One of the most iconic hotels in NZ is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable guide to join their team of driver guides to provide excellent service and guiding experience that reflects the unique and dynamic operating environment.
Our Activities Driver Guides are responsible for operating in all activities offered by the Hermitage hotel: Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley Tours, Big Sky Stargazing. From the Largest Glacier in NZ, through the Hooker and Tasman valleys, and to the darkest skies in NZ, you will be part of the driver guide team through all the outdoor activities that the Hermitage hotel has to offer.
This role provides a challenging varied role that is a vital key position in the activity and adventure operations.
You will be responsible for:
- Meeting and greeting of guests at check in for each trip
- Transporting guests safely between the Village and the Tasman Lake
- Completing daily vehicle checks and following all processes and procedures
- Communicating with guides to ensure a seamless service is provided
- Maintaining the cleanliness and standards of vehicles
- Conducting guided and structured 4wd drive tours through the Tasman valley to view the glacier
- Responsible for the safety of all guests while on Four-wheel drive tours
- Providing transport of our guests for our big sky star gazing tours
To be successful, you will need:
- A full, clean NZ driver’s license and proven solid driving experience
- A Class 2/4 and P endorsement is essential
- Previous guiding experience
- Previous 4×4 driving experience preferred
- The ability to manage a group and strong public speaking and communication skills
- Proactive timekeeping skills
- A love for the outdoors and an outgoing personality
- A strong sense of responsibility, commitment and reliability
- All applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.
- All positions at Aoraki Mt Cook Alpine Village Ltd have accommodation provided as part of our unique lifestyle package, with the weekly board & lodgings rates including three meals a day and power. Due to the idyllic, isolated location of Mt Cook, you will need to be comfortable working and living in a remote location.
- Contact the Activities Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
So, if this sounds like you, apply now via our website at www.hermitage.co.nz and start the experience of a lifetime today.
About Hermitage Hotel & Activities
At Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village Ltd, we offer more than just a place to stay, it's an experience. We welcome both local and international guests to experience this unique environment with us through adventure and enjoyment of this iconic New Zealand location.
Our guests choose to stay with us because of the unique location, amazing views and the excellent service throughout their stay.
Our team live and work together so it's important that you have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and enjoy getting along with others. You will also need to flexible in your approach to work and have a willingness to step in and help across the operation wherever you may be needed, this may include working in and around the hotel or within other tourism activities.