Kaitiaki Adventures offers a dynamic working environment based in the BOP catchments of the Kaituna/Wairoa & Rangitaiki Rivers. Due to the expansion of the Kaitiaki Adventures Brand we are currently open to applications for a Grade 4/5 Whitewater Rafting Guide & Japanese content specialist.
Benefits and perks
Highly professional and relaxed environment, Our primary focus is to provide culturally infused adventure tourism products to international & domestic visitors. Standard pre-employment drug screening will be undertaken.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
- Hold Current NZQA/SkillActive accredited Grade 4/5 Whitewater rafting Qualifications -Essential
- Fluent in Japanese (Spoken & Written) Ability to translate between English & Japanese (Spoken & Written) – Essential
- At least 5 years experience within the Japanese & NZ Adventure Tourism Industry
- Have an understanding of Tikanga Maori
- Hold a Full Clean Drivers Licence
- Hold a P endorsement or the ability to get one
- Be available to work most weekends
- Hold a current work visa
And will also demonstrate excellent organisational, social, communication and documentation skills. They will be confident in portraying to our Manuhiri, tikanga Maori and whanaungatanga. They will be a confident speaker, able to work in a fast paced environment and possess an unwavering passion for delivering a truly unique Kaitiaki Experience.
About Kaitiaki Adventures
Kaitiaki Adventures is a globally recognised Adventure Tourism Company that commenced operations in 1999 utilising the unique and diverse landscapes surrounding Rotorua. Kaitiaki Adventures specialise in culturally infused white-water rafting, sledging on the Okere section of the Kaituna Awa and guided hiking excursions on Te Maunga o Tarawera.