Rosco’s Milford Kayaks is the longest established owner-operated sea kayak company, with 29yrs of experience showcasing Milford Sound – the 8th natural wonder of the world!
We are now hiring sea kayak guides for the upcoming summer season 2019/20. We are looking for fun loving, energetic, adventurous individuals, who can work hard and play hard.
The right applicant must have solid kayak skills, is a team player, has a ‘can do’ attitude, has great customer service skills and considers safety a top priority.
Rosco’s is based in the beautiful and remote Fiordland National Park. There are diving, fishing, hiking, hunting, rock climbing and white-water kayak locations at your doorstep – it is perfect for outdoor guru’s and gung-ho adventurers!
The Rosco’s team is one big family, with rustic shared staff accommodation, so be prepared to muck in with the chores and have a laugh at the end of the day with your colleagues.
Applicant must have:
· Kayak experience – white water or sea kayak experience preferred, must be able to roll, instructional/guiding experience or certificates is an advantage
· Full NZ drivers licence or equivalent, P-Endorsement is an advantage
· A valid and current 1st aid certificate
· NZ Maritime VHF Radio Operators Certificate or equivalent
· Tertiary training in Outdoor Leadership, Recreation or Adventure Tourism is preferred
· NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
If you want exceptional scenery, amazing wildlife viewing opportunities and to work with an awesome team – then this is the job for you!
For all applications or for further information about the position, please email our Operations Manager – Abi James.
Applicants please email your CV, outdoor logbook summary and cover letter explaining why we should consider you for the position. Applications close 16th August 2019.