Are you a Walking Legend?
Do you love to walk? Talk? Share your knowledge? Are you a self-styled ambassador for the New Zealand outdoors?
We are on the hunt for professional, personable career-guides to host our multi-day hiking tours exploring the North Island’s most spectacular areas. Our trips are designed carefully for small groups with lots of logistics, and our guides are the crucial keystones for ensuring the trip runs smoothly and each client enjoys the walking holiday of a lifetime!
As well as guiding out on the trails, the tasks involve a fair amount of driving, some cleaning, a bit of cooking, lots of socialising and occasional evening card-playing. The days are long; physically and mentally demanding, but a whole lot more nourishing for the soul than sitting at a desk!
The season begins in October and ends in April. Most trips are 4 days, 3 nights with guide accommodation and meals included.
The areas we cover are Great Barrier Island, Coromandel, Lake Waikaremoana and Tongariro National Park.
Desired qualities and qualifications:
• A love of nature.
• A cracking sense of humour and positive outlook on life.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to co-ordinate and address groups of up to 15 people.
• Good physical fitness – you will be required to carry a hiking pack that will vary in weight according to the days needs.
• Ability to work independently in remote locations – with larger groups you will have an equally awesome colleague to share the trail with.
• Full, clean, current New Zealand drivers’ license with Passenger endorsement (or willingness to gain a ‘P’ endorsement prior to October 1st 2019).
• Ability to drive fully loaded minivans with attached luggage trailers confidently and safely on gravel roads. (Some vans have automatic transmissions, some are manual).
• Current First Aid qualification (or willingness to gain one prior to October 1st 2019)
• An eye for detail and a systematic approach to getting the many tasks completed efficiently.
Full training provided, although some basic cooking skills are an advantage. We’ll whip you into shape with everything else.
If this sounds absolutely superb to you, send a CV and Cover Letter in to Cathy Taylor – Video or web based CVs welcome.
If you want to know more, please call Brad or Cathy on 0800 WALK NZ for a friendly chat.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
About Walking Legends Guided Walks
Boutique, multi-day guided walking holidays for people who love great food, great company and great scenery!